Some quick facts about Mahabharata!
Here are the unknown secrets about an epic ‘Mahabharata’ that you are not aware of! Read some of those secrets below.
|Image Source: www.bhagavatam-katha.com
Go through below slides and read some interesting and unknown secrets about Mahabharata!
10 Unknown facts about Mahabharata
1) Ved Vyas was the father of Dhritrashtra (from Ambika), Pandu (both from Ambalika), Vidura (from Parisrama) and Shuka (from Pinjalaa). Vyasa is considered the author of Mahabharata.
2) As Yuyutsu had fought the war from Pandavas side, out of 100 brothers of Kaurava, only Yuyutsu survived the Mahabharata war.
3) Bhima was the father of Sarvaga (from Balandhara) who was much elder than Parikshit but was not given the throne. Instead, he became the ruler of his motherland, Kashi.
4) Jayadrath was married to Dushala and was only brother-in-law to Kauravas and Pandavas. He was responsible for the death of Arjuna’a son Abhimanyu in the Chakravyuha.
5) Arjun had a son called Iranvan (from Uloopi) who sacrificed himself to the goddess Kali to ensure favor and the victory of the Pandavas in the war. Before the sacrifice, he expressed a wish to marry a girl before dying. Krishna took female form of Mohini to fulfill his wish and married him.
6) Pandu was not father of any of his sons as all sky gods were called by Kunti to plant their seed in the wombs of Pandu’s two wives; Kunti and Madri. Out of five Pandavas, three were the sons of Kunti – Yudhisthira from Dharma, Bhima from Vayu and Arjuna from Indra. Madri and twin god Ashwin were parents of two twin sons, Nakula and Sahadeva .
7) Mahabharata was an epic battle where huge weapons were used for mass destruction. Scientists describe it as the first nuclear war ever fought. Traces of radiation are found in the places where the war was fought.
8) Lord Parshuram was Karna’s teacher.
9) After Krishna left the earth, Pandavas also lost their interest in life and they started their journey to heaven with a dog. Only Yudhisthir and the dog made it to heaven as all Pandavas lost their lives during this journey. The dog who was accompanying Yudhisthir was Yamaraj.
10) Drona who was sage Bharadwaj’s son, was born in a vessel.